FAQ Quick Links
Orders, Shipping & Merchandise
I had items in my cart but my order didn’t go through. What happened?
Placing items in your cart does not “reserve” or “hold” the items. The items are pulled from inventory numbers once the checkout process is completed in its entirety.
How long will it take for my payment (or refund) to be processed?
- Payments with a credit/debit card are processed immediately during checkout.
- Once you are notified of a refund processed by our team, it can take up to seven (7) days for the refund to be reflected by your financial institution.
How long does it take for an order to be fulfilled?Orders placed on the JScottCampbell.com web store are processed in the approximate order they are received, with the exception of pre-orders. You will receive an email notifying you when your order has been received, and another with a tracking number when your order is preparing to ship.
- In-stock orders (regular orders) are fulfilled within 14-21 business days from the date the order is placed.
- Pre-orders are fulfilled within 14-21 business days from the launch date on the product page. Any changes to the launch date will be communicated to you via an email update.
- Orders containing both in-stock and pre-order items will ship with the pre-order fulfillment schedule.
- If your order contains one or more Limited Edition prints, please be advised that those are made to order and will take a few extra days to ship.
My order has shipped. How long will delivery take?
- Domestic orders are shipped via USPS Priority Mail, with a typical delivery time of 3-5 business days.
- International orders are shipped via USPS First Class International Mail or FedEx International Economy, which can typically take two to four weeks. Actual delivery time depends upon the speed of postal and customs services in your country.
Can you combine my orders?
We process orders in the order they are received. At this time we do not offer services to combine orders after the purchase is completed. We receive a large volume of orders during the initial launch of a product, such as an exclusive variant, and attempting to combine orders greatly increases shipping delays.
Can I upgrade my shipping to FedEx?
We can upgrade your order's shipping to FedEx for an additional cost. Note that if you wish to upgrade to FedEx, you will receive an invoice via email for the cost of the upgrade. Your order will be on hold until the invoice is paid. We will release the hold on the order and ship USPS if we do not receive payment for the shipping upgrade after 7 days. Contact us here if you want to upgrade your order's shipping to FedEx.
Will I get a tracking number for my package?
- You will receive an email with a USPS tracking number when we are preparing your package for shipment.
The tracking link says my package has been delivered but I can’t find it. What now? (missing package)
- Unfortunately, we only have access to the same information about your package that you do via the tracking number.
- Please try asking your postal carrier and your local post office. They are your best source for information about your package. Your postal carrier may have left your package with a neighbor or may be attempting to deliver it again.
- Note that a mistake in scanning your package, such as accidentally scanning the shipping label twice, can result in your package being marked as delivered while it is still in transit. Your package may arrive in the following days. This scenario excludes package with a tracking history indicating an attempted delivery or information specific to a delivery (e.g. left on porch).
- If you have contacted your postal services and they are unable to help you locate your package, contact us.
What if my order isn’t delivered? (missing package)
- Undeliverable packages are usually returned to our warehouse; this isn’t a priority for the postal service, therefore the process can take a few weeks.
- Notify us of missing packages within 30 days for shipping addresses within the US and 40 days for international shipments. Any request regarding missing packages sent after the aforementioned dates may be flagged for USPS tracking number fraud and may result in your customer account being suspended following our investigation. Each request is assessed individually.
- We ship orders to the shipping address provided on the order. If the address you provided is incorrect or undeliverable, and we re-ship the package, we will charge you for re-shipment.
- Please make sure that the shipping address provided at the time of placing the order is complete, correct, and deliverable.
Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we do ship internationally to select countries with USPS International First Class Mail or FedEx International Economy. Delivery typically takes 2 to 4 weeks once shipped. It may take additional time depending on the speed of the carrier and customs services in your country. International shipments may incur additional fees (customs, duties, sales taxes, etc), which are the responsibility of the recipient. Note that some countries charge sales taxes on shipping fees.
UK BREXIT and VAT EU
Due to changes to VAT taxation related to BREXIT (January 1, 2021), we are now charging VAT UK on all orders. Note that BREXIT and VAT regulations are complex and their application will differ from retailer to retailer. Some products are exempt from VAT UK.
As of July 1, 2021, we are now charging VAT EU on all orders. VAT policies, fees, rates, and exemptions vary from country to country. Some products may be exempt. While we are in the process of implementing VAT EU in our e-commerce system, orders with an EU shipping address have been suspended. We appreciate your patience while we complete this transition in our system.
Track your international order
FedEx online tracking is available for all orders shipped internationally.
USPS online tracking is available for items sent to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Netherlands, Croatia, Denmark, Spain, Switzerland, Israel, and Brazil. Note that we may not ship to all countries listed at all times.
Further details about international shipping can be found on the USPS website.
Third party forwarding service overseas (international)
When using a third party forwarding service overseas, we are not responsible for lost or damaged items. We are only responsible for shipping to the shipping address provided by the customer when placing the order. The customer is responsible for paying the shipping fee from their location to our warehouse in the event of a return.
My order was canceled. How come?
We reserve the right to cancel orders if:
- we do not receive payment (this is an automated process)
- the order is suspected to be fraudulent
- the customer placing the order has previous fraudulent transactions
- the product purchase is no longer available
Canceled orders are refunded to the method of payment provided during the checkout.
What kind of quality are the items you ship?
- Our quality control process focuses on retaining good quality ‘sellable’ books and removing 'unsellable' books with visible damage and defects from the stock we ship.
- The quality of the books we receive can vary greatly from title to title, and even different boxes of the same title will often be of very different quality. Because of this, the quality of the comics you receive will vary slightly. We will always ship you the best quality books we are able.
- Although we have had a good track record with books our customers have submitted to be graded, we do not quality control to a specific grade. Books sold as NM (Near Mint) and/or VF (Very Fine) options have been evaluated as such to the best of our abilities. There is no guarantee that a specific grade will be achieved.
What are the comic grading terms?
Comic grading terms relate to the existing condition of the comic. For more information on comic grading, click here.
In order from best to poorest quality:
How do I use a Discount Code on the web store?
Instructions to apply a discount code during checkout are provided here. Discount codes will not be applied after an order has been placed.
I can't find an exclusive or variant cover on your site
It may have sold out. Check out the Warehouse Finds section for hard to find products we may still have a few copies in stock.
How are your prints, books and calendars shipped?
We typically ship our 11”x17” and 13”x19” prints and calendars flat in an envelope with a cardboard insert for support. Orders with multiple product types including a print or calendar, and up to (3) comics will be shipped similarly.
Prints with dimensions larger than 13”x19” are rolled and shipped in a tube.
All other items are shipped in a cardboard box.
Signings & Original Art
Are signed items actually signed by J. Scott Campbell?
Yes. This store is owned by J. Scott Campbell Studios and all signed items are hand signed by the artist himself.
Can I have items personalized/dedicated?
Though this J. Scott Campbell's store, he does not work out of this location. All signed items are pre-signed and cannot be personalized.
Could J. Scott Campbell, please do a small sketch on my book/print?
Due to a very busy schedule, J. Scott is unable to fulfill individual sketch requests. You may be able to get on a sketch list at certain conventions, but you would need to inquire at the J. Scott Campbell booth once there.
I would like to get a commissioned piece of artwork from J. Scott Campbell. How would I go about doing that?
Due to his very busy schedule, J. Scott is not accepting any commission work at this time. Fans seeking an original piece of artwork can inquire here.
I’m going to be at an upcoming convention and would like to get on the sketch/commission list.
J. Scott does not compile sketch/commission lists prior to a convention. Occasionally sketches are prepared in advance for a convention. Inquire early at the convention since supplies are very limited.
Can I get your approval to have one of your drawings done as a tattoo?
Single reproduction for the purpose of a tattoo is acceptable. Utilizing artwork of J. Scott Campbell for merchandising, mass-production or and reproduction of his art is strictly prohibited. Please contact us to inquire about licensing opportunities.